My Photographic History

Before I was a Stamper/ Scrap Booker/ Card Maker. I was a Photographer my Dad who was an Amatuer Photographer, started me out with my first (Red Konika Tomato) point and shoot at 13, then I got my first Film SLR, a Canon EOS Rebel, in college, and my first DSLR , a Canon EOS Rebel XT Digital, in 2005, now I have excitedly moved up to a Canon 60D!!! I am Starting P365 on 9/1/11 at least 1 Photo taken/uploaded everyday for 365 days, and I am so ready for the Journey to expand my abilities with my Camera, Photoshop, and my Photography!!! Heather and Marvin together makes Heavin (ly) and Photography or Snapping Creations = Snapations So like my Stamping / Scrap Booking Blog Heather's Heavinly Stampations, my Photography / Project 365 Blog will be: Heather's Heavinly Snapations :)

Friday, September 23, 2011

P365: Week #1 - Sept. 2,-Sept. 8th, 2011 Journey into our Life in Pictures

Project 365 Day #2 Friday, September 2nd
Marvin brought Meadow home a Birthday Cake from the Store because we knew it would be several weeks before her party and he wanted her to have her Birthday Cake before then.  The kids had fun Blowing out her Candles and helping her eat her very first piece of cake!!!  She LOVED her piece of cake TOO!! :)
















Meadow Petting Rickey the Cat.  Rickey was not doing well before we left on our trip and we were afraid he might not be around when we got back so we got some pictures of him with the kids before we left on our trip.

 
Project 365 Day #3 - Saturday, September 3rd 

   We headed out early Saturday morning about 5am to drive the 8 hours to Pueblo My Home Town for Labor Day weekend, we met up with lots of family, had a Pic Nic in the park, and went to a Birthday Party and a Memorial Service.  These Pictures were taken at the Pueblo City Park Kiddie ride Park that has been around since my Mom was a little girl.  I have found memories of riding these rides as a little kid! :)


 I was trying to play with Depth of Field and using Shutter Speed on Manual settings to show motion in my pictures below.

 

Project 365 Day #4 - Sunday, September 4th 
 On Sunday of Labor Day weekend we went to Brooke One of my oldest friends daughter's Birthday Party, and because Meadow was born in September Brooke shared a little of her Birthday Party with Meadow it was cute!!!  Broke had a Disney Princess Party and her house was decorated like a Castle!!!
 Meadow and her Cake, Brooke and her Cake :)
My Mom was at Brookes Party too and she enjoyed some time playing with Meadow.

Also over Labor Day weekend we met up with my Dad's side of the Family the Walker's and we got to spend a lot of time with my Cousins hanging out and on Sunday Afternoon we had a Memorial Service for  My Dad, and all of the Walker cousins Grand Parents Grandpa and Grandma Walker.
 Above is a Picture of the 5 Walker Cousins this was the last time we were together little did we know it would be 21 years before we were all together again!

Above Picture:
Back Row: Eric 16yrs, Davie (It was David's Wedding we were at) 20yrs, and Chris
18 yrs.
Front Row: Samuel (My Brother) 8 yrs, and Me 15 yrs old.  Please Keep in mind I never really liked this picture of me and I would not show it but it is the only picture I can find of all of us Walker Cousins together.
 The picture above is us 5 Walker Cousins 21 years later Back Row: Davie 42 yrs, Chris 40yrs, Samuel 29 yrs, and Eric 38 yrs, Front Row little old me :) Heather 36 yrs.
Here are all of the Walker Cousin Kids / Great Grand Kids:
Back Row:  Nick (Sr in High School) his sister Samantha (8th grade)
Middle Row: Chris and Sholly's Kids, Hannah (Sophmore in High School), Luke (7th Grade), and Danae (8th Grade) down in front in black and yellow Moria (Kindergarten)
Front Row and being Held: My kids Piper 9yrs, Willow 7 yrs, Tucker 4 yrs, and Meadow 1 yr.

  Project 365 Day #5 - Monday, September 5th 
Tucker's Very 1st Day of Pre-School :)
 Getting ready to head into his First Day of Pre-School.

 are you ready Tucker???  I don't know Mommy, I might want to stay home with you! :)
 
 I'm Ready Mommy!!!




 Hit the Ground Running!

 Put in the Code Mommy so we can go in!!!  Hurry!!!


 Christ Care Pre-School here I come :)

Project 365 Day #6 - Tuesday, September 6th  
In the Hotel we stayed in while in my home town Pueblo Co. over Memorial Day weekend all 3 of the older kids all slept on one bed we just put them 3 in a row side to side instead of top to bottom it worked great and they had plenty of room.  I tried to get a good picture of the 3 of them but I ended up only getting a great one with 2 of them the 3 of them were too sprawled out.

I thought this picture was sweet of Willow and Tucker sound asleep together.
Project 365 Day #7 - Wednesday, September 7th 
  We have 3 Cats, 2 Dogs, 3 Fish, and 1 4H Bunny at our house.  Our very special Cat Rickey, the cat that has always wanted to be a big part of things, the first one to great a new baby when they come home from the hospital, the only one to allow said babies to learn it is not O.K. to pull the Kitty's Fur, tails, or legs, yet he just lays there and takes it as if to teach them a lesson in life.  The Cat who is curious about everything and want's to be with us even when the others have no desire to be with our crazy brood.

Anyway this summer Rickey was throwing up a lot but he was in good spirits and he ate all the time.  He always slims down in the summer and beef's back up in the Winter, so when we saw him loosing weight we did not think anything of it.

  Towards the end of summer we realized he had not just slimmed down he had lost over 10 lbs and looked horribly sick and malnurished

So when we left on our Trip to Colorado we were pretty certain he was not going to make it the 3 days till we got back we all took extra time to tell hime how loved he was we had the kids take pictures with him, and I set up a special area where he could get to food and water without doing much work.

Amazingly when we got home he had taken a turn for the better but was still very week, so we started buying him Wet Cat food so he can eat it better and I started feeding him every couple of hours until he built his strength back up.  He is still very thin, but is gaining weight little by little and he has much more energy and gumption now, we are praying for many more years with our Precious Rickey Cat!!! 

These pictures are of Rickey eating his Kitty Beef Gravy and Canned Cat Food which is a HUGE treat at our house they only get if they are sick or need something for pills ect..





Project 365 Day #8 - Thursday, September 8th
We decided to help the girls pull things out of drawers and closets and organize and clean carpets in their room.  I walked by and saw Meadow sitting up on her legs like this for the first time just watching her Daddy do Carpets she loves her Daddy so much and this picture to me shows her total "AWE" of her Daddy!!!

  


Hope you enjoy a look into my Photography and a Week of our life in Pictures.  This first week of Project 365 Journey was fun and I can tell that the next year will bring lots of Learning and changes!! :)


Have a Phototastic Day!!!

Heather

2 comments:

chemicallyinclined said...

Great pictures Heather!! I love the one of Meadow watching Marvin vacuum... how precious. Tucker is so cute too, how funny he wasn't sure he wanted to get out of the van!

Can't wait to see more!

Michele

Heather Schlatter said...

Thanks Michele! It is nice to know that some one came and looked, this is def. a new venture in life hopefully by the end of the year I will have awesome artsy photo's along with my kido's LOL.... We will see :)